Michaela Grantham, Colorado, U.S.A

Happily, on my 4th visit to Costa Rica, I rented a cabin for 2 weeks at "Alebrijes", Lake Arenal. I already knew this was my favorite part of my favorite place on Earth. But little did I know that I would fall in love with an entire family, buy a lot from them, and eventually live here fulltime! That was in May, 2008. Now I have given the go-ahead on building a small home there for myself, and the occasional guest. I hope to be living there by late in 2009. I have been drawn to this country over and over since my first visit in 1992. And the Lago Arenal area had quickly become a favorite. I have long dreamed of living in "paraiso", as I have come to think of it. And now my dream will come true.

My original stay at "Alebrijes" cabinas was great, as was my second time there in November of 2008. It's a beautiful place, with a wonderful family that owns and manages it, amazing people, astonishing service, and lifelong friends!!! Pura vida!!!!!!

Michaela, micgran5@msn.com